Apple SWOT Analysis 2019
Apple is the worlds largest technology firm. They have a turnover of $215bn in 2017 and a massive global customer base. Read our article about SWOT Analysis to learn more about SWOT Analysis. In this article we carry out a quick SWOT Analysis for Apple PLC.
- Brand leader: Apple is the "go to" brand for mobile phones.
- Large market share for Safari: Apple's Safari browser is the most popular browser on the mobile network.
- Apple were the first company to reach a trillion dollar market value
- The launch of Iphone XS in September 2018 has created alot of promotional hype for the Apple brand again.
- Innovative company: Apple's growth is based on it's entrepreneurial spirit and it's innovative ideas continue to extend the life cycle of its product portfolio.
- Wide product portfolio: Apple has a portfolio of phones, computers and tablets.
- Design innovates the sale of Apple's products: Product design is a key USP for Apple. The design enables the company to adopt a premium pricing strategy and allows the product to stand out from competitors.
- Dedicated Apple Stores on the high street: Apple store are real crowd pullers with potential customers being able to test their products.
- Hugh cash reserves: Apple has $285 bn in cash as reported by CNBC. This puts them in a very strong position allowing them to either set up new businesses and buy rival firms.
- Phone features and facilities: The camera facility on an Apple phone is a major USP. Phone users use it as a substitute for a camera.
The diagram below provides a simple illustration of an Apple SWOT Analysis